With the route along the West Coast of Africa becoming more popular with serious adventure cruisers, I sensed a rare story opportunity.
I outlined a media plan to Silversea, Lindblad and G Adventures who were then promoting the itinerary between Cape Town and West Africa.
G Adventures international PR agency, Mulberry Marketing Communications, responded in March 2012 and offered me a confirmed spot on the March 2013 departure based solely on my publication history.
The following publication results have been achieved so far:
- Cruise Passenger Magazine Issue 53 Spirit of Africa
- Courier Mail (QLD) Cruise supp. Unlock the Heart of Africa
- News Ltd Escape (Sunday national papers) Joy found beyond dark past
- Ocean Magazine Issue 50 Through western waters
- Get Up & Go Winter 2014 Africal Idol
- CNN as part of 10 of the world's most adventurous cruises
- Adelaide Now and Perth Now (News Ltd) Fetish Central via AAP
- Yahoo!7 Go Go West Africa
- Looptail Save the west till last
- Courier Mail, Herald Sun and Daily Telegraph via AAP Premium
- CruisePassenger.com.au MS Expedition review
- Unlock the mysteries of the West African coast on a cruise at: News.com.au | Daily Telegraph | Herald Sun | Adelaide Now | Courier Mail | Perth Now
- Cruise Weekly Go West Africa and Into Africa
- Expedition Cruising Blog Bad Lands Come Good and daily blog posts (sample)
- ABC Nightlife (national) 15 mins. with Tony Delroy (air date: 20 Oct 2013)