Sky High

Have you long dreamed of learning to fly? Then Roderick Eime recommends that you pursue your passion and soar to new heights in a liberating glider.

Today we’re going to learn to fly,” I said to my 12-year-old son. His eyes lifted briefly from his PlayStation console, looked doubtfully at me and then proceeded to hammer away at the hand control as he massacred the next wave of invading aliens.

These days it’s all too easy to fall into the abyss of virtual entertainment: racing the latest Formula 1 cars, test-piloting jet fighters and creating mayhem with semi-automatic weapons. As fun as these indoor pastimes may be on a rainy Sunday afternoon, when the weather’s fine there really is no substitute for active, outdoor-based fun.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Look who's talking

12 Do's and Don'ts of Pitching Freelance Travel Journalists

 This is something I've been meaning to write myself, but this blogger has done a fine job, so I'll share it here instead.  Lavanya’...